I’m so behind. I was too busy reading Foreigner. I’ll get the pages updated soon.
- Trope Time: Farmboys
- Genre Talk: What is a Genre?
- Subgenre Highlight: Slice-of-Life/Mundane SFF (Guest Post ft. Para | To Other Worlds)
- Top Ten Tuesday: Things That Make Me Fall in Love with a Book Character
- Top Ten Tuesday: Extraordinary Book (and Series) Titles
- Top Ten Tuesday: Books I’d Give Different Titles To
- Top Ten Tuesday: Awesome Vampires
- Autumn Tag: I don’t know what sweater weather is
- Retrospective Reviews: October 2014
Standalone: Steel Frame by Andrew Skinner
Mini Review: Giant mecha PTSD-exploration space adventure! And everyone should read it.
Advanced Review: The Absinthe Earl by Sharon Lynn Fisher
Mini Review: Reads exactly like what the cover and blurb allude to. I enjoyed it.
Advanced Review: A Little Bit Psycho by J.L. Strange
Mini Review: Not much of a horror reader, but I really liked this body-switch body horror scifi story.
Advanced Review: Starship Alchemon by Christopher Hinz
Mini Review: I loved this so much, it reminded me of some of my favourite scifi stories. We’re in space, we’re in danger, and we can’t fight it. Perfect story.
Series: The Murderbot Diaries by Martha Wells
Mini Review: I want to reread this beautiful series, but I must wait for the novel. A construct combat SecUnit that has dubbed itself Murderbot that would rather just do nothing and watch entertainment all day than actually kill people. Ahhh perfect. Need more like this.
Mini Review: 3 sisters with very different powers fighting evil. It’s alright. Nearly finished reviewing this series thankfully.
Mini Review: The start of this series is such a good blend of horror and urban fantasy, it is easy to see why people like these books. Anita, a gun, and a lot of monsters.
Mini Review: A slow but powerful fantasy set in feudal Japan.
Mini Review: Holy shit what the hell did I just read? I hated it and then I loved it. Absolutely bonkers.